The policy governs the privacy of those who use this website. It explains how we control, process, and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website.
Information you share with us
The information you share with us can be used for Lausanne Media Engagement Network operational purposes. Lausanne Media Engagement Network is not in the business of selling information about you. This notice tells you what information we collect (including while you are browsing or using this website), steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share the information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information we gather
Lausanne Media Engagement Network:
- collects personal information when you get in contact with us and when you post content on the media platforms
- may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or others
- may also collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners (this information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you such as your credit card number, or gift aid declarations)
- uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact and research
- may gather information that you tell us about yourself as part of an application to, we will do this in line with our Data Protection Policy
Information use, sharing and disclosure
Lausanne Media Engagement Network does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the service or this web site with others except as described in this policy. We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Lausanne Media Engagement Network may use or share your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve Lausanne Media Engagement Network and related products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest.
Lausanne Media Engagement Network may need to share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate the service.
If there is ever a change to how Lausanne Media Engagement Network uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Generally speaking, cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using this website:
First party cookies
These are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
Third party cookies
These are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site. The website loads cooks from widgets.wp.com (WordPress.com), public-api.wordpress.com, and YouTube.com which are controlled by them.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites which we think you will find useful and interesting. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should remember that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question
Confidentiality and security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.