Why use mobiles in ministry?
Whether a feature phone or a smartphone, the majority of web use now happens on mobile phone screens. Too few Christians and ministries leverage the opportunities that this device provides their outreach. Hundreds of millions of unreached people have access to the digital world for the first time. What will they find? As followers of Christ we have the chance to offer the hope and freedom found in Christ. We define mobile ministry as the use of mobile technology to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment. By the way, for us mobile technology is mobile phones (feature phones and smartphones) and the tablets.
An online training opportunity
The Mission Media University of the Visual Story Network is offering a five-week online mentored course, Mobiles in Mission: Using the Tool in Everyone’s Pocket, beginning Tuesday, October 17 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8.00 – see what time this is where you are). As well as the live one-hour sessions (which are recorded for later review), the course involves two hours a week of independent work.
The Mobiles in Mission course instructor is Keith Williams, director of Mobile Advance, an initiative of WEC International. Keith has assisted in the implementation of mobile ministry initiatives in more than 35 countries and has helped in the development, testing and promotion of various innovative mobile ministry approaches. Keith previously served ten years as a missionary and team leader in the Arab world.
What you’ll get from the course
- insight and inspiration on how God is using the mobile revolution as the most recent “Roman road” for the gospel
- foundational training in using your mobile device in ministry (evangelism, discipleship, church planting)
- connections with expert instructors and like-minded peers around the world
- culturally and technologically appropriate mobile tools and techniques for your ministry environment
- practice in developing media for your own ministry context
- resources to provide you further direction after the course
Sign up for the course
Find more information and sign up at the Mobiles in Mission: Using the Tool in Everyone’s Pocket course page.
Share this Post
© AMISOM Public Information. Public domain./p>